The following are essential guidelines for participating in any of Trailblazer’s projects:
Volunteers need to act in a responsible and respectful manner whilst interacting with the local people, staff and other volunteers.
- Volunteers are expected to arrive on time for the work day at 8:00am, and be prepared with any personal items you may need: snacks, sunscreen, hat, etc.
- When working with any of our team in the countryside, you must dress appropriately, * see Dress Code.
- On your first day, be sure to bring a copy of your travel medical insurance policy, so we have it on file while you are volunteering with us.
- If you are invited to join one of our teams into the countryside, please come prepared to deal with sun, dust, rain, and thirst. If you believe you will need any snack, please bring something along.
- When you are working in the countryside, you will at times be asked to join in lunch which has been prepared by the local villager. The food is always fresh and well-cooked so there is no need to worry. However, if you have dietary restrictions or serious concerns, you can decline. If you must decline, please do so in a respectful manner. If you do not eat what they provide it may be seen Cambodians would understand if you state that it would be against your religion or is a matter of health that you are not eating what they provided.
- If you experience any improper treatment by staff or other volunteers, please report it to our management staff.
- Handing out political or religious materials or participating in any rally is forbidden and against our agreement with the government.